m/s J.L. Runeberg, original name s/s Helsingfors skärgård (Helsinki Archipelago) was built in 1912. The original route was between Helsinki and Porkkala. Today the ship cruises from Helsinki to Porvoo and Loviisa. The summer harbor is Linnanlaituri quay, by the Market Square in Helsinki. Outside of the season, the ship resides in its home harbor in Porvoo, where it is being maintained during winter time.
See the documentary Utrikes till Borgå!
Published in December 2022.